23 Mar 2023
Once again; Can you answer a question like this? In the sense; Is there an answer or does it always depend on taste? A few days ago we gave some answers which – even if not exhaustive and definitive – can leave some small useful starting points for reflection on the main differences that exist between a battery powered pistol and one fed with pressurized Co2 capsules. Today we respond in the same way to another similar question, namely Is an electric airsoft gun or a green gas airsoft gun better?
Here too we try to highlight some differences and some peculiarities of these two different categories of ASG.
Electric airsoft guns, some features and some considerations
- Good power (depends on the model of course)
- Wide processing possibilities (if of good quality)
- High playtime with fully charged battery
- Ability to fire bursts in automatic mode
- Complex construction
- Easily recharged with chargers
Green gas airsoft guns, some features and some considerations
- Good power, with very normal temperatures
- Low power in the presence of very harsh climates (except for the use of high performance green gas)
- Little possibility of elaboration
- Average playtime with full gas magazine
- Fires in semi-auto mode only
- Simple construction
- Refilling is quick and easy
As you can see, there are some quite stark differences that can be interesting. If you are an ASG maintenance and processing enthusiast, le electric guns provide much more room for intervention and enhancement, the green gas guns they have few elements (practically the same as the Co2 ones) and it is practically impossible to significantly increase their performance with mechanical modifications.
Power levelthe guns powered by green gas are subject to the effect BoyleThis means that as the operating temperature decreases, the pressure of the gas contained in the loader tends to weaken with loss of power and possible jamming. There are specials on the market high performance gas (with pressures up to 150PSI) which limit this phenomenon and make the gas guns usable even in winter (Co2 airsoft guns do not have this problem). In terms of price, there are no big differences and you can buy valid pistols of both types already with a minimum budget of 60-70 euros.
We have attempted to answer (at least in part) the question “Is an electric airsoft pistol or a grenn gas airsoft pistol better?” highlighting some important differences. We hope these can help you better understand which one is right for you, in any case take a look at the airsoft online shop where you can see not only many models of electric or green gas powered guns but also Co2 guns and spring guns with manual loading, you will surely find the one that’s right for you!
Since we told you about performance and high performance green gashere is a list of special reloads able to increase the firing power of your pistol (or the one you will buy now) and able to make the gas pistol usable even in winter:
- Green gas for airsoft 150 PSI 560 ml Elite Force by Umarex
- Green gas for airsoft 130 PSI 600 ml Elite Force by Umarex
- Green gas for Super High Performance airsoft with lubricant 600 ml by FL-AIRSOFT
- Green gas for airsoft 130 PSI with silicone 760 ml C30 by SWISS ARMS
- Green gas for airsoft 150 PSI with silicone 760 ml C30 by SWISS ARMS
- Green gas for extreme performance airsoft 3.0 1000 ml by WE
- Ultra Extreme Performance Airsoft Green Gas 4.0 1000ml by Nuprol
- Green gas for extreme performance airsoft 3.0 1000 ml by Nuprol
- Green gas refill cylinder for high performance airsoft 750 ml by DIABLO
You find them here in this one airsoft online shop
Tags: buying guide, airsoft guides, airsoft guns